The Canadian Government has been working fast and furious to develop a response to the economic impact caused by the covid-19 outbreak.
The following link will take you to the Government of Canada’s covid-19 economic response plan page.
The plan covers the following critical areas:
Support for Canadians:
- Temporary Income Support for Workers and Parents
- Long-Term Income Support for Workers
- Income Support for Individuals Who Need it Most
- Flexibility for Taxpayers
- Role of Financial Instituions
- Mortgage Default Management Tools
Support for businesses:
- Supporting Canadian Business through the Canada Account
- Helping Businesses Keep their Workers
- Flexibility for Businesses Filing Taxes
- Ensuring Businesses have Access to Credit
- Supporting Financial Market Liquidity